Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering about the 2red wire connector Going to the volt regulator.im having problems with this connector.can I just connect all three with some other connector or do I need to replace with OEM PARTS.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Polaris uses a lot of Delphi connectors.
If you can ID the original you can probably buy the terminals and shells.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should be able to use any commercial connector.it's just a disconnect style connector.could u just twist all three together and be the same thing(not that that's how I'm gonna do it)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't think the wire will care how it is connected. Just be sure it is connected to the same wire you disconnected it from. You think the problem is with the connectors, not the rectifier itself, correct?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Just be sure your connector choice will carry the current.

Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the wire will care how it is connected. Just be sure it is connected to the same wire you disconnected it from. You think the problem is with the connectors, not the rectifier itself, correct?
When i ride around the batt light comes on and I check the connector and the light goes away.when I disconnect the connector the volt stays around 12.5 and does not go up when I press the gas.i take the connector apart and plug it back in the bike stays at 13 volts and goes up to 14.5 when pressing the gas.so this is why I think it's the connector.

·
Registered
251 Posts
are you talking about the one that goes to the black plug up by the top of the radiator??(maybe colors are different but mine is red from regulator, black to bike harness) I cut mine and soldered it, and heat shrink. no troubles since.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you talking about the one that goes to the black plug up by the top of the radiator??(maybe colors are different but mine is red from regulator, black to bike harness) I cut mine and soldered it, and heat shrink. no troubles since.
Yes that connector is the problem(I think).red/black. Seems like a cheap connector anyways.i grab it and move it around the volts go up and down.i take it apart and reconnect it and then it works.volts go up like they should

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah its probably that connector, I had bought replacements for it but lost them, so I just soldered it, now the battery light doesnt come on any more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it was the regulator wouldn't it do it immediately after I crank the ATV.I. bought an extra reg off eBay this morning just to have a back up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts