Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and wondered if anyone has had trouble with the real brake cylinder on the trailblazer. I just bought this bike for my wife and it is great shape except for the issue with the rear brake. I know that the front lever operates both front and rear calipers but the foot lever on the right side is pretty much useless at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same Issue

I've got the same issue with a 2000 Xplorer 250. Might as well not even have a rear brake pedal. Rear disk works fine with the handlebar lever, but the foot pedal won't even keep the rear wheels from turning. Looking for a solution also...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cdakers - I have talked to a few people that said to replace the rear master cylinder and that should take care of it. They are 120 dollars so I would like to know this is going to fix it before I spend the money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My thoughts too

That was my thought too. The piston on the rear master cylinder has to travel almost an inch before there is any noticeable drag on the rear wheels. Just about the time you run out of travel on the pedal it seems to start putting pressure on the caliper. I really don't want to spend the money on it either, so maybe I'll take it apart and have a look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Forgot to add

I forgot to add I've already replaced the fluid and bled all of the old fluid out of the system. Didn't help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I may call the local Polaris dealer tomorrow and see if they can offer any information as to what the problem might be. I will post any news I get.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Keep in mind the foot pedal brake is made as an emergency brake only. If for some reason the hand brake fails this is your back up. It was not designed to use all the time, taking a good look at the teaspoon sized master cylinder should be a good indicator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the foot brake is to be used any time mostly for slowing the machine when going down steep hills although the hand brake does apply pressure to both front and rear brakes at around a 70 30 f r ratio

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem. I bought this 4 wheeler for my son and it is super nice...except the pedal does nothing. I changed the pads and filled and bled the rear caliper. Still no rear brakes. Is the master the answer? Anywhere have them cheap or is it a dealer item?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts