Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any body that may be listening. I just picked up a 2005 John Deere Buck 500 with Rotax Engine with only 105 miles, and six hrs. It had a rough idle, or more like a miss or a cough every 4 to 5 seconds that would make it stall. Drained the old gas, new gas and treatment, clean the carb.
And still get the cough at idle, and back fires when you kill the ignition ...runs fine when your driving it. Any Help??

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
Those are basically a bombardier traxter or a quest if I remeber correctly sounds like ur pilot jet is dirty !!! Also check to make sure ur choke isn't sticking on a bit !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check throttle cable. and carb looked pretty clean. have it off now for good cleaning. Could timing or valves be an issue with such low hours?

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
Those engines are pretty solid and a push rod design generally haven't heard much of them being out of time unless you have reasons for it to be out???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No reason for vales or timing to be out. There is an electrical element on the bottom of the carb. Could be carb heater??? could this be an issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts