Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum as a member, but I have been using it for a few weeks after I bought my used '05 800 EFI.

I've been having a few issues with it. Luckily, I was able to fix the overheating by burping the cooling system.

The biggest and MOST annoying problem, however, is that the ATV tends to die on me quite a bit. It's easily in the double digits at this point. It APPEARS to be only related to my going slowly downhill or uphill. If I'm on the throttle, it doesn't seem to mind (Although I think it may have done it once while on the throttle).

I'm relatively new to the world of ATV's (I've been riding them my whole life, but have never had to service them), and the maintenance / repair that goes with it. I'm pretty adept and can figure things out, if I just knew where to start. Any help you gentlemen (or ladies!) may have would be GREATLY appreciated!

- Frustrated

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
First thing I would check on the killing issue is the ETC. It's a safety switch in the thumb throttle housing that kills the ignition if it senses the throttle is stuck or cable is broken. Get that adjusted correctly and go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts