Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this but someone told me that mabey someone could help me. My 800 sportsman wont go in fourwheel drive in reverse. When i push the overide button the fourwheel indicator light comes on in the dash but front wheels wont engage. I also have a problem with it cutting out after i have been riding for a couple of hours. It is like its not getting fuel. I can let it set for 10 to 20 min and it runs fine. I am thing that mabey this is a fuel filter problem, because i have been putting gas in it out of 5 gal cans that i have saved out of fuel trucks. If any one could help with either of these problems i would greatly apprciate it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's possible that you need a roll cage in the front diff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the 4x4 work in forward?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Does the tach and speedometer work?The 2 problems can also be 1 thing that gives you 2 different problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the fourwheeldrive in forward works. And all my gauges work. The overide button is activating the rev limiter overide in reverse. Thanks for all the replys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got a 600 that did crazy things like that .Drained oil out of front diff.filled it with diesel fuel run it for a while 4*wheel started working drain out diff.flushed good put in fresh oil good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts