Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my question I got a trip planned in 2 days. Was changing oil and I see a drop of antifreeze dripping from weep hole. Should I cancel this trip, will it cause damage, if I still go for the weekend trip. Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Was dripping while you were watching or was there just a drip on it? Was the frame or engine below the hole wet? How low is your coolant level?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there is just a drip now and then, when I wipe it it clean, the next day might be the size of a quarter on the ground. Changed the water pump seal already, so it must be the seal between the engine and water pump. Just wondering what the worst maybe if I go on a 2 day trip

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If it's not pouring, I would say go. Definitely keep a close eye on your coolant level and your temperature then fix it when you get back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the help, I goin to role the dice and see what happens. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
OK, good luck and have fun, Buddy

·
Registered
226 Posts
so wait a second here... u changed the water pump seal and its still dripping? i assume u installed it correctly and u still get discharge? yes go on your trip butt u have another problem coming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes installed correct, a little drip is coming out of the weep hole. What do u think the other problem is?

·
Registered
226 Posts
there is only 1 seal for water pump on that machine. Not 2 . if u replace it and u leak again its the shaft that is worn, or installed incorrect.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the next seal is the oil seal. if thats leaking or bad u will have oil out the weep hole

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u think it tq0hat this a big problem or can it wait a little to fix it

·
Registered
226 Posts
go ride ! your ok for now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help, just order the shaft and another seal form cheap cycle parts. Thanks again

·
Registered
226 Posts
no prob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts