Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we just picked up this quad for my son. Its in pretty good condition but I have a few questions:

I was looking at a filter upgrade and jet kit and maybe some mods to the clutch?

Currently it has the stock paper filter and foam piece over it and I am guessing stock jetting. The clutch takes a little bit of rpm to move so it may have something already but don't know because its slow..lol

I have searched but haven't found anything or anyone that has done any mods to these quads.

We have been out to Hatfield McCoy trails a few times and plan to go plenty more. He discovered he likes mudding so I will need some tires and with that comes clutching...

What I was looking at was a Uni Airfilter and maybe a dyna jet jet kit. I don't really know where to start with jetting. I want to go after market because you pay nearly as much for a stock air filter as I would an aftermarket one.

I have noticed with this quad that it doesn't like to cold start...even with the choke on (choke makes it worse) and I think the its the stock air filter beccause its in bad shape.

So, what mods have you guys done? Oh he wants to add some lights. What can we add before we run into charging problems?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I would try again. So far this quad has been great for what it is. I still have not done any mods to it but I have been searching for some tires and maybe a lift ( 1 or 2" ) I'm going to try to put some 26x8s on front and 26x10s on the back. I have these left over from my can am 800 outlander.

The next thing I want to do is snorkle it. My problem is it looks really tight when trying to mod the air box. Has anyone snorkle one of these? Any info would be great. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
I have found that no responses usually mean that no one knows or has experience in the area you are asking about. I don't either with that specific machine, however I do have a couple 325 machines which are basically the same. The 325 and 330 machines are not considered a "full size" machine. Space will be limited so the snorkel will be a tight fit. IMO the mid size 325/330 machines are good for what they are designed for. I believe you can find the parts to lift the 330, and clutch it for the 26" tires. With the clutch kit the 330 will probably have the stones to turn them, but you are gonna give up a lot of top end with the heavier tires. Lift also means changing drive line angles and extra stress on the axle shafts and joints. With the heavier tires, you are more likely to break things. I have a set of stock size mudlite tires on one of my Magnums and have had no problems going anywhere so far. I do not do deep mud though, but I do plow with it.

If you are able to find the parts and decide to do the mods, post it please. I would be very interested in the results

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Stave....I will do. Well, it looks like I won't need the lift. Today I put the 26x8/12's on the front and the 26x12/12's on the rear. So far everything clears fine. They are only Carlisles so they aren't the greatest for mud but they are light enough for the little 330 to turn them over pretty easily. I like the lift the tires give it...

Now , I will see what I can do to tackle the snorkle issue.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The problem I find with my Magnum is getting caught up on the rear axle and gear case then getting stuck. So I would think larger wheels and tires would be a big help for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it rides much better. Hopefully we will get a chance to take it out and run it though some mud soon. I still have to figure out a snorkel set up for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I figured I would try again. So far this quad has been great for what it is. I still have not done any mods to it but I have been searching for some tires and maybe a lift ( 1 or 2" ) I'm going to try to put some 26x8s on front and 26x10s on the back. I have these left over from my can am 800 outlander.

The next thing I want to do is snorkle it. My problem is it looks really tight when trying to mod the air box. Has anyone snorkle one of these? Any info would be great. Thanks...
I have a 04 magnum 330 lifted 2” clears 28” mudzillas no rubbing not a lack of power at all with stock clutches. Snorkeled this thing is beast mode all the time. One of my favorite quads to ride. I have been up to 4 feet of water at least a dozen times already no issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts