Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2005 MV7 and I'm replacing the front RH axle assembly. I have the military manual and following the steps, I got down to "11. With short, sharp jerks, remove driveshaft from front gear case". I did...but the inner CV joint is still in the gear case. It seperated at the "circlip" with the shaft coming out of the inner CV. I've cleaned the inner CV pretty well and cannot see or feel any retaining clips. I did find a video online that suggested laying the quad on it's side and using a come-along but this thing weighs (I think) 1,300 pounds and I'm working by myself so that isn't going to happen. I've tried a few things but it's not moving. It's soaked with PB Blaster and sitting overnight now. I don't want to damage the front gear case but in the exploded drawing in the manual it shows another "circlip" on the end of the innver CV shaft that's inside the gear case. I don't care if I destroy the inner CV as I don't plan to try and rebuild it.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help-

Bill

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Now coat it with a healthy dose of antisieze before you put it back in. Wish I had a forklift. That would have made it sooooo much easier. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts