Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plow is started to rust out? What do I do? And am I suppose to wax my plow?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They eventually need to be replaced. If it's just paint coming of and rust under it, grind the rust off and paint it, or take it in to be powder coated. But that will probably cost as much as a whole new blade anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
be careful plowing into the road, the roads will be treated with plow eating salt or other rust feeding material. just wash it real good after using it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Like Ridin' stated, if it's just "flaking paint" and a little "surface rust"..... sand it down good, wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and repaint it with a "quality rust prohibiting" type paint (like Rustoleum).

You can wax it if you'd like, but I wouldn't..... but would rather spray it with lubrication, like a WD40, Fluid Film, or your favorite flavor of lube (Not KY Jelly)..... this will help prevent it from rusting and will also keep the snow from sticking to it when plowing! :fing02: Or replace it if you have endless coin or bank! But eventually, they all will do it..... usually after about 2-3 years of "normal" use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is 12 years old, plows my driveway. NO rust. It's a quality 60" POLARIS plow. Looks to be made by Eagle Industries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts