Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 polaris 700 if I drive it through water fast it seem to get wet. I changes the plugs, coil,wires,regreased all my ele connection sealed everything. What am I missing help driving me crasy thanks

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. After going through water I seemed to lose power. I could only keep it running by continuously feathering the throttle. If that sounds familiar try pulling the left body panel and disconnecting the electrical connection to the TPS on the left side of the throttle body. That smoothed mine right out leading me to investigate and find water and mud inside the connection. Cleaned and greased it. Everything is fine now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well kicker I tryed taking the wire off you said and cleaned it real good regreased it and went for a ride. well sorry to tell doing it :disappointed: well back to the drawing board, If anyone has had a problem please help. I want to ride Thanks

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Sorry to hear that it didn't work. I was just trying to give my experience. That is the only fuel/running rough issue I have had in 2 years of Polaris ownership. Maybe somewhere else in the fuel system? Dirty filter? Clogged injector? Have you tried seafoam to run through. Most guys swear by it as a fuel additive for keeping the knocks down and keeping it running smooth. Might be worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts