Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Has anyone done this?
-I would like to use EPI parts cause i find them easy to deal with but they have no listing for my primary spring color(lite blue)... has anyone run up against this?
-I am in Canada,Royal Distributeing shows a kit available but when i call they r out of stock and have been since they listed the kit.. anyone run up against this?
-Its starting to look like Buying a brand new clutch is my best option but its almost $1000.00 from any dealer here(Nova Scotia) but most people go this route in frustration..
-I strickly trail ride so a performance clutch kit is not needed,i just like to rebuild it stock.
-the bike does have engine brakeing (EBS) and it has around 17000 kms on it

any direction at all on this is appreciated....thx

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Have you checked yours out to see if it's even rebuildable at that mileage? If it had never been done I bet it's not even with trying to save. Last I checked a new clutch is around $450 and about another $100-150 for weights and spring. Something I could get locally and ship for a lot less than what you are looking at up there if you'd like.

By the time you buy a rebuild kit, bearing, and 1/4 off the tools needed to rebuild one you can buy a new one. That's why most just buy new. I rebuild about 75-100 clutches a year for people too and its a 50/50 shot that they are worth a rebuild when they come in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx man..is this ur shop?..i will be in contact 4 sure,i have done a bit of clutch work on my rev and rev xp ski-doos and from lookin at my sportsman clutch it looks like its rebuildable.. but i am deffinately no expert,ive been tryin to get a used one locally but it seems to be the first part that is sold off an 800 or 1 of the main reasons it is getting scraped.. thx again..

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes, it's my shop. I'll have to double check prices as its been a few months since I had to buy a new Polaris clutch of you decide you need one. They are definitely rebuildable just like the others you've done but require some special tools to do it. But that all depends on how much wear there is in it and how bad it's been neglected between services. I've seen some with 2000 miles that are junk and some with 8000 that still are good to be rebuilt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts