Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! New to the forum and need some help with this damn machine!!
The wheeler will start and run 3-4 minutes and just quit. When you first start it up it quits if you try to apply any throttle.

Just had a new piston put in it by the dealer. My son was driving it around and the one of the motor mount bolts was missing and the engine has "sagged down" does this have something to do with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever find the issue? Im having a smilar issue. Starts cold but dies out after 5-10 min of riding.
Wondering what you found out.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Polaris predator 500 I charge my battery and bought a new gel battery (that’s suppose to be better for 4wheelers that are made to jump and stuff like that they said) that one was 80$ and it goes dead I put a voltage meter on it and it reads 12 volts but when I hit the throttle it loses volts. The tail light flickers while it’s running. I can only give it about half throttle or it sputters like its not getting gas but it has plenty of gas being fed to it. Like if I get on it when I am ridding it, it will die and won’t start have to get the jumper cables out and charge it. I took it to local guy who works on 4wheelers he can’t figure it out he said it isn’t the 2 things that could make the battery go dead. Help me please comments!? Thanks for reading this guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts