Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm low on coolant according to the reservoir, it's at minimum. What coolant do I use? How to I fill that up? Do fill in the reservoir ? I am a first time atv owner, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

The Polaris manual says to use their 60/40 brand, OR, you can use any GOOD 50/50 that is good for aluminum engines. And yes, if the reservoir just says you're a little low, add directly to it.

Have fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronnieburgundy, what do you mean aluminum? How do I know if my is aluminum? And the reservoir is small tight location, how do you even pour it in? Sorry I'm new to atv and thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello!

The Polaris manual says to use their 60/40 brand, OR, you can use any GOOD 50/50 that is good for aluminum engines. And yes, if the reservoir just says you're a little low, add directly to it.

Have fun!
Ronnieburgundy, what do you mean aluminum? How do I know if my is aluminum? And the reservoir is small tight location, how do you even pour it in? Sorry I'm new to atv and thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you get a good 50/50 mix, you should be fine. I would recommend googling the polaris brand and just getting that, though. No worries that way.

As far as the reservoir, Autozone / Advanced Auto Parts / Walmart, any of them should have a funnel with a tube on the end. Take the red cap off, then the green insert, stick the tube in, fill to desire, put back in reverse order.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello!

Have fun!
If you get a good 50/50 mix, you should be fine. I would recommend googling the polaris brand and just getting that, though. No worries that way.

As far as the reservoir, Autozone / Advanced Auto Parts / Walmart, any of them should have a funnel with a tube on the end. Take the red cap off, then the green insert, stick the tube in, fill to desire, put back in reverse order.

Okay i will try that thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts