Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has the bike above, bought it used, and actually has no idea what he is doing (No owners manual either). He is going on a ride with us this weekend and is all worried about changing his oil. I picked up an oil filter for him today, can someone tell me how much oil it should take? I was going to use the same oil that I run in my RZR 900 (5w40 pure syn, I know Polaris is using 2w40, but 5w40 is close enough especially in the summer).

Also is there just one drian plug or is there 2, any help would be appriciated since this will be the first time I have even worked on one of these.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I use Mobil-1 0W-40 full syn.. Not sure about 2005 but mine has 2. 1 on the oil tank & one on the bottom of the crank case. The one on the bottom of the crank case is a PITA. Also takes 2 quarts of oil, less if crank case is not drained! Crank case holds about a pint.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Holds 2 and 1/4 qt and has 2 drain plugs like mentioned. Also if hes worried about it tell him to hit all his grease fittings, maybe check his diff fluid, coolant, and air filter while hes doing it. Then it will be good to roll for 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts