Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been having troubles with my tb. It would start fine and idle fine in neutral I can rev it in neutral and it will be fine but when I try to shift to drive it is hard to get into gear and when it is in I would give it gas and it would make a grinding noise. Im not sure if it is the transfer box or the clutch. Please help im not too mechanically savvy but I know alittle. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is your idle set a little high. I know if they are they will grind going into gear. It could also be the linkage needs adjusted and it is not getting all the way into gear. Sorry I don't have a trail boss and not and expert. I am just on the lookout for one and been doing alot of homework on them lately. Hopefully someone will get on here and help you out.
If not go to atvconnection.com and go to the polaris forum. There is a guy with the tag oldpolaristech. You can post in a subforum to ask him questions. He has been working on polaris' for 23 years or something like that. He really knows his stuff.
good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts