Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and hoping someone can help me! I was attempting to figure out what was causing my fan to not kick on and now I don't have any power to anything. I disconnected the wire to the motor that went to the fan and tried to run a jumper. In doing this I got a spark and thats when I lost everything. I disconnected the 10 wire clip that goes into the square box with fins on it and tested some wires. The two red wires show 12v to both of them. Not sure what that means or where to begin really. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
192 Posts
First off try sticking a screw driver into your fan blade and spinning it, they seize up after not being used. The alum finned box is a surepower ecm which has the voltage regulator built into it, so if your ran hot feed backwards through it I would get its smoked. Very hard to diagnose electrical issues over a computer. Get a muti meter and start poking around

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have power to my fan and it works if hooked up directly to the battery. I screwed up the first trial and instead of hooking the jumper to the clip directly off the fan i ran it from the clip that disconnects off the motor sensor and got a spark. I don't get a click when turning over the key, no lights, or dash display.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Search for all fuse able links. If you come up with nothing your more than likely going to have to buy a ecm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Note.... your fuses should be under the front fender in a black bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts