Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 sportsman 500 that I had the unfortunate problem of falling into a deep hole in a creek. Needless to say it was submerged for about a half hour. After we got it back on the bank I pulled the plug and turned it over to get any water out of the cyclinder. I have drained the water out of the clutch/belt cover, changed the oil a couple of times (still have a couple more to go), drained the fuel and added fresh fuel cleaned the carb and changed the tranny fluid. It starts fine and idles perfectly but when I go to rev it up past about 1500 rpm it acts like it is starving for fuel. I have also drained the filter box and cleaned and re-oiled the filter. Any one have any suggestions. I really dont want to have to take it to the dealer if I can fix it myslef. Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
421 Posts
have you check the fuel pump under the left fender. just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. I checked the fuel pump and it seemed to be working properly but it still acted like it was starving of fuel. I bypassed the fuel pump and ran the hose directly to the carburetor and "walla" problem fixed. So I will be ordering a fuel pump when the dealership opens on Tuesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts