Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
9,867 Posts
Where did you get that part number?
It may be an old discontinued number since it don't even show on Polaris parts lookup.

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
yeah its either the wrong number or a discontinued # and the 1200190 is the up dated #.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not sure where you got that number but its not showing as good in Polaris parts catalog.
The radiator part number for a 2005 Sportsman 700 EFI is 1240190
It's the Polaris sticker on the radiator.

I don't know what else to tell you??
The very first add in the ebay results I posted specifically says its for a 2005 Sportsman 700 efi if you scroll down and look at the fitment.
Yea that's where I was when I first looked. I'm going to order it and how it's right. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Sometimes factory part numbers are not the same as replacement part numbers - the original factory part may have been supplied in a limited production run by one manufacturer while another manufacturer was tooling up for the 'preferred supplier' production of units. In that case, the original part was never available as a replacement - the original may have been all metal and welded construction while the production version may have had plastic tanks crimped to the core.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sometimes factory part numbers are not the same as replacement part numbers - the original factory part may have been supplied in a limited production run by one manufacturer while another manufacturer was tooling up for the 'preferred supplier' production of units. In that case, the original part was never available as a replacement - the original may have been all metal and welded construction while the production version may have had plastic tanks crimped to the core.
That has to be the case. I was thrown back with the OEM price of $450, and how precise most of the sellers were with the part numbers. Just didn't want the Hassel of trying to send it back. Lol definitely didn't want to pay $450. I've ordered one. And thank all you guys for the info. Now pricing parts for the leaking head gasket. Wow what did I do by buying this thing😭

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I am working on one of these right now. The Head gasket kit was about 60 bucks... i encourage you to do a cylinder leak-down test and have the head checked for flatness. Mine had to be shaved .08 These engines are known for this problem. I would also redo the waterpump while in there. If you decide to to order a gasket kit get the complete kit WITH SEALS as the waterpump kit does not have a crank seal for the stator plate I have about $200 in gaskets and waterpump rebuild kit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts