Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am helping a friend out with picking up his new quad. its a 06 hawkeye 300 4x4. any issues these are known to have.
thanks in advance,
corky :stupid:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yes, when they are jumped (read: physically jumped into the air) the rear subframe where the lower rear a-arm mounts to the to a tab welded to the frame usually will start to break away from the subframe itself....look for that, its quite noticeable...I have seen two or three hawkeyes like this, had to replace one fo the subframes myself. All 3 owners admitted to jumping the quad though, numerous times.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks blueline i knew you would come through

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes,
I agree.. The one I just bought came with the new sub frame,,I put it on with the previous owner. The new sub frame was beefed up. compared to the original one. I have read Polaris knew there was a issue..Other than that it works for me so far.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks do you know how much the subframes run just in case this one needs it

·
Registered
22 Posts
He had ordered it from the Polaris dealer in Bardstown, Ky. $245.00 +tax.
You can tell a huge difference in the original & new one. Not to bad putting it on, he had the old one off already.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its 3200 and he is trying to get financing. its a hell of a christmas present for his 14 year old daughter. it looked good to me. i took it for a ride and surprised the hell out of me how much power it has. only thing i didnt really like was overall size of quad too small for me

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds good,
I bought it for the girls, but I ride it most of the time. Fits me pretty well for just tooling around.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he actaully just came across a 2008 RZR for 2900 with low mileage in craigslist we are supposed to check out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts