Polaris ATV Forum banner

2006 300 hawkeye

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  thomaseweber 
#1 ·
hey guys i am helping a friend out with picking up his new quad. its a 06 hawkeye 300 4x4. any issues these are known to have.
thanks in advance,
corky :stupid:

#2 ·
yes, when they are jumped (read: physically jumped into the air) the rear subframe where the lower rear a-arm mounts to the to a tab welded to the frame usually will start to break away from the subframe itself....look for that, its quite noticeable...I have seen two or three hawkeyes like this, had to replace one fo the subframes myself. All 3 owners admitted to jumping the quad though, numerous times.

#10 ·
its 3200 and he is trying to get financing. its a hell of a christmas present for his 14 year old daughter. it looked good to me. i took it for a ride and surprised the hell out of me how much power it has. only thing i didnt really like was overall size of quad too small for me

#12 ·
he actaully just came across a 2008 RZR for 2900 with low mileage in craigslist we are supposed to check out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.