Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was out the other day now it was -20 went threw sum snow in low and 4x4 did not engage, put it in hi and 4x4 worked click switch off and it was still 4x4 easy to tell when in snow and then latter it disengaged , don't understand whats happening was it because it was very cold out, any ideas would make me feel better .

·
Registered
55 Posts
goofy things can happen when it gets cold out. first thing i would do is thaw it out somewhere heated for a day or two and give it another shot. if the problem still occurs then you have a problem. i wouldn't worry about it just yet... this winter has been cold where i'm from, been out a few times in -40C -50C and something always seems to act a little wonky with all the quads of all makes and models, when we go out with them we thaw them out after, and problem solved.... most of the time lol good luck!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Change your diff fluid and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably is the cold i think i remember last year pushing snow where it was not disengaging , so i guess i will wait for the warm weather to come, because my garage is not heated. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wanted to say my problem was the cold, had her out today only -5 worked great no problems so i guess next time its -21 i should just stay in, to cold for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts