Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plug is a NGK CR8EB and it only lasts about 2months before the atv will not start. New plug and away she goes. Used mostly in winter for plowing snow.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

The physical condition (color) of a spark plug shows how the engine is running...... sounds like it's time for a carb clean and tuneup!

I would guess your carb isn't clean/working correctly, which is in turn fouling your plug. If it were me, I'd first attempt a dose of Seafoam or you favorite flavor of gas treatment / fuel system cleaner. Add it to the tank as per directions/amount of fuel. Run it long enough to work it's way completely through the system. Allow it to sit and soak for a day or so. Now run the machine for a good time to clean the system out. Over the course of the next few tanks of gas keep using the Seafoam. If problem persists..... time for a tuneup!

See chart below for reference......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for reply Have had carb cleaned and jets too. Will check plug against diagram and see. Any one use plug other than NGK?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
NGK is the best plug for the polaris...maybe try running the iridium plug equivilent to the one your running now....a parts store can cross refrence to the iridium one..they are around 7-8 bucks...try advanced auto or napa

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
well... Nothing I can add that hasn't already been said.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Go iridium and it will be more resistant to fouling BUT you will lose some "plug performance".....OEM and it will foul quicker than iridium. Pick your poison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts