Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time ATV owner, just inherited a 2006 Hawkeye. The key was lost so I bought a new ignition switch, I was also told it needed a battery and now that is brand new. I turn the key nothing on dash lights up, I hear no clicking, battery is fully charged, key is on, it is in run position and in neutral. I have only had it for a couple of days now and don't know too much about ATV's. Any suggestions where to start trouble shooting?

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Make sure the fuses are good and your kill switch is not on. after that, start chasing wires. not much more you can do.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Check main fuse (there are only two fuses and a spare in the fuse block) one fuse is marked MAIN and the other is Accessory - both are 15 amp - from the fuse block, power goes to the key switch via a red wire with a black stripe (here's the confusing part) there are 3 r/b wires at the key switch connector - the single one is 12v in - when the switch is 'ON', the other two r/b wires have power - both r/b wires that are hot when the key is on go to the LH handlebar switch. Check for 12v on the r/b wires at the handlebar switch - if you have 12v at the switch, with the switch in the 'RUN' position, you should then have 12v on the red wire with the white stripe - with 12v on the r/w wire, the lights should work. If the lights work, then most like all else will work also. Let me know the outcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks it was the main fuse. So now I have power to ignition but it still doesn't start. Pulled out spark plug gounded it out and I have no spark at the spark plug. Any suggestions what to check next?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts