Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I need help with a poor start and idle condition, will not idle of stay running.
Codes are 41 45 47 55 56 and 61
On many forums, Posts say that the Tbap sensor causes my condition 9 times out of 10.
I used an ohmmeter and rung out the wires for continuity from this sensor in my intake boot (after my throttle body) up into the neck of my ATV and had no broken wires. Forums list the Tbap as in the intake boot before the throttle position sensor, I do not have this sensor, only an air temp sensor that goes into the air filter box.
I have spark. I have 40 psi. fuel pressure. The engine turns over fine.
One thing is it's often said that the Tbap sensor is in the intake boot before the throttle body, I have no sensor in this location other than my air temp sensor, which I have cleaned with sensor cleaner.
I have replaced my Tmap sensor, the one I tested the wire continuity from. It is after the throttle body
My quad still will not fire up and idle.
I am not sure what to do next.
Thanks for any leads. I will try em all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anyone know how to fix this if its not the Tbap sensor?
I don’t know about the sensor but when I hear stuff like this, I am always suspicious of the fuel injector. I made my own injector cleaner/tester with a vynil tube and steel chamber with a compressor fitting. Here’s a rough drawing. Fill chamber with straight injector cleaner and charge with 45psi from compressor. Use a 9v battery to open injector by wiring a switch inline in the hot wire from the battery. You should get a very strong thin spray stream with (I think) 4 holes in the injector tip that the streams come out of. The other option is get a 30-40$ replacement and just swap it out to avoid the hassle of figuring it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts