Discussion Starter #1
My Polaris calls for a front tire size of 26 x 8 - 12

What got SHIPPED to me as replacements is 26 x 9 - 12

Seems like this will be okay.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
434 Posts
nope you'd need to get spacers aftermarket offset rims or people say flipping your tie rod ends will work

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gangle04....you mention I may need spacers. What are those? Do they go between the rim and the hub to shim the tire outward a bit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok never mind. I searched and found the answer. My only remaining question is do I use spacers on just the FRONT, and how much? 1/2 inch? 1 Inch?

Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd be willing to bet you'd only need a 1/4" spacer (in the front) to make it work..... than you wouldn't need a spacer in the rear. If you space the front much further (like an 1" or more), you'd want to space the rear to match for tire track tracking/trailing reasons. And for the visual factor! :D

Or just wait and see..... maybe just flipping the tie rod ends at the hub will be enough!!

I have 26x9's on the front and just spaced mine about 1/8".... That gave me about 3/8" clearance between the tire and tie rod end. I did not flip my tie rod ends, but that would have solved it too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that makes sense. Now the only problem I have is I live in Topeka Kansas and up to 5 inches of snow is expected by Sunday morning!!! I don't know if I can get spacers that quickly, AND are 1/2 or 1/4 inch spacers even available? If I had to rig it JUST to push snow for one day, I wonder if I could shim a smidge using washers on existing studs. That idea may very well be a bad one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
you would probably run out of stud before you got enough spacage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts