Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...
Any advise would be helpful. I have a 2006 Polaris Predator 90/ 2 stroke. Last season my son was doing figure 8's out in the dunes and the bike died. I could start the bike again, but when I tried to give it gas it would die again and again. Gave up on it over the winter. So now I'm trying to figure it out again. This time the bike started good and gave it gas and it did it again. Then after a few times it stopped acting up and seems to be running fine. So if I had to guess, maybe something is getting pinched. Don't really want to take it out again until I know for sure what the problem is/was.
The Predator is stock and fairly new condition. Again, any advise would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure ALL electrical connections are good. A lot of reading on these point to the stator being bad. Mine hasn't gone south yet. Also, make sure fresh fuel & a carb clean otherwise you'll be chasing down problem after problem. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'll start looking into that. Just needed somewhere to begin.
Thanks again.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
exhaust plugged?

Engine Idles But Will Not Rev Up

Spark plug fouled/weak spark
Broken throttle cable
Obstruction in air intake
Air box removed (reinstall all intake
components)
Incorrect or restricted carburetor
jetting
ETC switch limiting speed
Carburetor slide sticking, damaged
Incorrect ignition timing
Restricted exhaust system

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would take the carb apart and clean it really good. Also make sure you clean the jets take a pin gage or something like it and run it thru the little holes to clean it out. Take compressed air and blow ever crack and crevices out. The ethanol is hard on these little carbs. This and make sure you have a new spark plug and fresh gas dump all the old out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts