Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my son this atv as a gift for Christmas. The guy I bought it from told me to leave the fuel pitcock to off while not in use because he said it would be flooded when I try to start it. That being the only problem I still decided to get it. Very impressed when I road it around his yard considering I weigh 200+lbs. I am going to take it to a local polaris dealer but I wanted some advice from you so I can at least sound like I know what I am talking about so maybe they won't rip me a new one. Also for the Rev limiter it is missing a screw and the jumper cable, can I just order those two parts online anywhere? I searched for them but cannot find them.

Thanks for any help !

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board. :med:

·
Registered
243 Posts
If it's fine why take to stealer/dealer for service? And no way I'd ride my kids 50cc the 90's yes but the 50cc your killing the suspension big time. As far as the rev limiter missing the parts, why worry. I took mine out long ago, and just adjust at the throttle. But I'm sure you can order online if you want to pay for parts not needed. Select diagram Electrical parts then parts # 10 and 11.

OEM Parts and OEM Motorcycle Parts for Dirt Bikes, ATVs and UTVs | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Oh yea I bought mine almost 3 years ago. Only service I've done is remove the limiter on the cdi box. Remove and re-install foot riser's. And drain the tranny and replaced with, AGL Gearcase Lubricant, added a uni filter re cleaned it once. Pretty solid machine. I first had my now 11 year old on it, and now my 5 year old triplets. Best investment I've made in awhile. I have a 04 service manual if you wanna look at it send me a pm with a e-mail.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh you may not know but the parts missing on the rev limiter alou it to go to full speed. With them it will only go around 10mph w/out 15mph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it normal to have to turn the fuel off when you're using it? And the exhaust has a strong gas smell so I figured the carb needs some adjusting. I don't know anything about carbs which is why I was going to take it to the dealer. My son is 3 so this is the first atv he will drive so I wanted to make he learns the controls before he can wide open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts