Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was applying some chain wax to my scrambler yesterday and it said to lift the back axle and let tires spin while applying wax. I did this and noticed the front drive shaft and cv axles were moving. I never noticed it before yesterday and im wondering if you lift the back tires off the ground does the 4wd auto engage without the switch being changed? I put the back axle down and drove it into my garage from the drive way and the front drive shaft was still moving. Can anybody help me with this or know if this is normal for the scrambler to do and will fix once I drive it a little bit? (wishful thinking)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The shafts are gonna turn, but the front wheels won't engage until power is sent to the hubs, or that's how it's supposed to work.

Your front wheels weren't turning, just the shafts, correct?

While you are servicing it, you might as well service the front hubs. Dex6 ATF fluid can be substituted for Polaris hub oil if you can't get the Polaris oil.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks for the response. No the front tires were stationary on the ground while the back end was up. I just never noticed that and got a little worried. I'm new to working on atv's I'm more versed in the Car and Truck world. (where that doesn't happen)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok good.

Just as the front wheels don't engage full time when it's in AWD. They only engage when slip/spin is detected. Maybe you knew this?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts