Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again; Quick question, are there any after market fuel pumps I can replace my current OEM pump, sure hate to pay $500 bucks for a new one?
I have heard cases of people swapping a none OEM pump for Sportman 800 models. I need one for my 2006 Sportman 700 EFI.

·
Registered
421 Posts
take the pump out and bring it to a auto parts store. iv heard of people getting aftermarket ones there. same thing. good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you sure it is the pump and not the regulator? My regulator is not working causing too high fuel pressure to be pumped to my fuel injectors. My new tank and pump comes today. I found it for $409. I sure wish I could have bought a new regulator. Anyway, now I have a spare tank and a spare pump at least.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found after market pump, perhaps.

Yeah I'm pretty sure its the pump. I took it out and applied voltage and it did nothing. It tried to start but locked up right away. I cross referenced the number on the pump and found the same pump that belongs to a 1992 Sonata. Ordered it and going to give it a try. Crossing my fingers..... If it works I would save $500 ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hope it works. I put my new tank and pump/regulator in last night and all is fine, so far!!! Now I have an extra tank and pump. I believe my regulator was bad.

·
Registered
421 Posts
good to hear!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replace the fuel pump only using a pump that cross reference to a pump used in 1992 Hundya Sonata. So far its running fine. Pump and strainer cost $125 total. Save $400 bucks so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2005 Polaris 700 Fuel pump

Good morning,

I have the same problem. My dealer quoted $ 831 !!!

How long did it take to replace the fuel pump ?
Were there any tricky or difficult aspects to the pump change out ?
I have the repair manual.

Thanks,

Rick
Herald, California

·
Registered
37 Posts
The fuel pump is inside the tank. You have to purchase the entire thing. I found a place online for $430 or so. Remove the front plastic, disconnect the fuel tank, and take it out and put new on in. It is very easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts