Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum, I purchased a 2006 sportsman 500 x2. And it ran great all summer. I’m having an issue starting it in park and neutral. The brake lever start stopped working mid summer so I had to start putting it in park or neutral. And now that’s hit or miss. I found out last night that it will start in reverse and low gear now !!! It’s showing properly on the dash that I’m in the right gears so I don’t think it’s the gear sensor. Any ideas why or what is causing this. And if anybody know what I need to do to fix the brake lever start problem. That would be awesome. Thank again guys !!!!

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
OK - I/\'m looking at model A06MN50AU

The fuel pump gets 12v via the red/grn wire from the SSCB AKA power distribution module

The PDM gets it's signal from the ECU

Your options are to check all the ground connections (brn wires) and module connectors (unplug them, fill with dielectric grease and plug them back together - if that fails to fix the problem, take it to a dealer and let them use the diagnostic program to identify the cause of the problem. You can't fix a program error with a banana any more than you can drive a nail with a paper clip. Some problems are just a pay grade above the owner/operator and require a trained technician with the proper tools to correct the deficiency.

I can give you the pin outs of the ECM but it is up to the technician to determine what input or output is incorrect

I'll go one step better - here's the complete wiring diagram

·
Registered
82 Posts
will it turn over when your having the problum? i had a similar problum b4. but for me it would not even turn over. I would switch through the gears.. squeeze break.. flip kill switch back and forth with random luck for a long time ramdom on and off.... it turned out to be the kill switch on the handlebars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will it turn over when your having the problum? i had a similar problum b4. but for me it would not even turn over. I would switch through the gears.. squeeze break.. flip kill switch back and forth with random luck for a long time ramdom on and off.... it turned out to be the kill switch on the handlebars.
It’s starts perfect in reverse and low gear, but won’t start in neutral and park. And the break lever used to work to start it in any gear but now that doesn’t work at all

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Use the wiring diagram to check all the safety devices and check that their input to the ECU is either hi or lo as it is programmed to recognize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts