Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone, I am new here so please forgive me if I missed a rule or two. I have searched until my eyes closed on a similar issue and can not find the solution to my problem.

I have a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500HO 4x4. I bought it used and with a few repairs it was a great running machine. I had to rebuild the carb and didn't get it back together right which resulted in some cranking trying to get it to start. The carb is now fixed correctly, but during this cranking process, it just lost power. Speedo does not power up, no power to key, nothing. It has a new battery, new starter, new solenoid, new speedo, new power distribution module, new kill switch, and new key switch. I have replaced everything I know to replace. The speedo was replaced prior to this happening, however it has zero run time on it. If you jump the solenoid the starter will engage.

I have tested the fuseable links near the battery and they test good. It seems to me it is a wiring/ground issue, but I am not sure which wires/pins to test to isolate the issue. The single plug to the PDM has power to two of the pins if I remember correctly, but do not remember which ones.

It seems to be a wiring issue but I am not sure which wires/pins to test to isolate the issue. Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so what was the problem? If not, any direction on wiring/pin testing is greatly appreciated.

Ian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts