Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my polaris shop for a fuel filter and they gave me a inline fuel filter for my 2006 HO EFI 500 sportsman.
I can't find it, then I looked on the internet and it looks like a quick disconnect fuel filter.Therefore does anyone know were it is located on the quad.I think the kid at the counter saturday didn't know there is a special filter for this atv.I bought this quad used and it has no operators manual and I would like to get all the fluid levels and filters checked and changed.
Thanks for any help or internet sites that show were it is located.
And any service information.

·
Registered
421 Posts
to replace the fuel filter in an efi. well it cost about $500 from polaris, or about $150 from an auto parts place since it says there non servicable. and there in the tank on the fuel pump and non servicable. if its an inline type its for the carbed sportsmans.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Orlow,
The part you should have got would be #2520464 from polaris, this is a quick disconnect filter that is located not in the tank, but under the frame just behind and above the radiator. if you take your front box off you'll be able to get a good look at it. pretty easy to install. As for the tank, polaris doesn't offer service parts for thier pumps, which have a screen on them. They do have an inline filter tho. looks similar to a GM. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts