Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 sportsman500 ho, it was running fine, shut it off went to start and it turned over and over. towed it home started up again. next time hard to start, next time it wouldn't start.I have spark and fuel. changed fuel and air filters,spark plug, and battery no better. adjusted intake valves to .006 started right up! rode it twice started to act up third time it wont start!!! PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Diesel man is right call your local dealer give them ur VIN and see if it has been replaced. if it had been replaced it sounds like its with in the start up/electrical system. if u replaced your battery thats 1 down (still put a volt meter to check the voltage) number 2 would be to check the stator and make sure its good(mine did the same thing but my battey light on the pod would flash) if stator is good then number 3 check the PDM thats where the voltage reg and other componets are. i have an 2006 as well and replace all 3 after finding out ECM box was replaced. all are easy jobs to do yourself, with a little guidance, if you want to check anything and want help just let me know i can walk you though the whole process. good luck and welcome to the forum!! oh yeah just a quick question any difference from trying to pull start as opposed from key start?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board again!:med:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no difference when pull starting, i will definitely talk to my dealer. thanks for the input i will check the stator

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2006 500 sportsman sounds like my bike whent for a ride it stald and wont start the fuel pump wont come on and when i tride testing for power the power stops at the ecm the power dos not go to the fuelpump dos that mean it is the ecm

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have an 2006 sportsman 500 efi, I had a sim issue in that it wouldn't start. ending up being that I needed a new fuel pump - expensive fix because it is part of the gas tank. Lesson learned through this via the dealer, always use stabil or some other fuel stabilizer, no exceptions. The ethanol corroded the fuel pump. Best of luck solving your issues.

New member - '06 Sportsman 500 efi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i took the fuel pump out and put power to it via direct from a battery and it still worked i jest dont have power from the ecm to the fuel pump

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also have an 2006 sportsman 500 efi, I had a sim issue in that it wouldn't start. ending up being that I needed a new fuel pump - expensive fix because it is part of the gas tank. Lesson learned through this via the dealer, always use stabil or some other fuel stabilizer, no exceptions. The ethanol corroded the fuel pump. Best of luck solving your issues.

New member - '06 Sportsman 500 efi.
You can get an aftermarket pump for a fraction of the dealer price. Carter seem to be the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts