Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need help fast. I recently picked up a very nice 2006 500efi. I had it out riding this weekend and once the bike got hot it would start to miss and stall out. It never quit on me but it would backfire and wouldn't let me accelerate. If I such it down and let it cool for a couple hours it runs fine again until it gets hot. Does anyone have anyidea what this could be? Any help would be great as I only have this week to get it fixed.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
What was the solution, I just started having the same exact problem... praying I don't end up having to pull the head and do the gasket. Hoping it's the cool, but the fuel pump doesn't sound exactly right to me either...

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
get a fuel pressure reading and take a look for heat tape/mat on the back-bottom of the gas tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened to me as well, checked fuel pressure and all was good. Solved by changing the spark plug, the one in the machine was fouled and very black. I was lucky and was able to remove and install without removing any body parts.
On advise from other riders I changed to Premium fuel from regular grade and added a fuel stabilizer. Runs well know.
Inexpensive fix for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts