Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

First time poster and looking for some help ASAP!!! Anything is appreciated.

Just bought this 2006 Sportsman 700 EFI with 200 miles two weeks ago in northern Wisconsin. I used it the whole weekend at my cabin and ran flawless, absolutely loved the machine.

My Uncle goes up yesterday for a weekend ride around northern Wisco with his friends. He gets it off the trailer does a loop around and waits, idling, for the rest of his riders. As soon as he hits the gas it dies. Starts back up and idles fine all day long but dies instantly when you even touch the gas. He is not mechnically inclined in the slightest bit so he took it to the Polaris dealer 30 min away and the mechanic found a fouled plug in just ONE of the cylinders. New plugs and its running great and back on the trailer.

They finally get to atv and about 15 miles(atv running good) into the ride they stop for a break and then on re-start the exact same thing is happening. They start messing with the airbox and filter/intake and somehow get it to run above idle so get everything back together quick and ride to the trailer. According to him the mid and top end appear to run fine.

Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to get something together for them to try in the morning and try to narrow down the problem. It's just weird that the problem developed all of the sudden. It has new fuel, but not sure if it's a problem with the one cylinder, the ECU or whatever else......... I took a big leap going to EFI (from our 2001 500 HO) and now may be regretting it!

Again any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1 Posts
try to losen up the gas cap a lil bit mines did the same thing n when i let air in the gas tank it ran perfect for some strange reason maybe clogged vent tube havent pulled it apart yet..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts