Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to check my front mount when I get home for the creeping issue but didn't know if the creeping and loss of top speed could be related. Bike has 560 miles and 115 hours. Pulls hard in low and high until about 40 then the speedo and acceleration seem to fall off. My old mans '00 500 just keeps pulling. Bike has a brand new gates belt on it from right before I bought it. Runs perfect. Idles perfect. I will pull the cover off when I get home too and check for anything obvious but I'm pretty new to the CVT world. Also going to check and see if the belt spins with it idling in neutral. Any advice or links to direct me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Since you state that you have an aftermarket belt, I would start there. I have not found an aftermarket belt that does not cause issues. You can also check for dirty clutches or broken motor mounts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you state that you have an aftermarket belt, I would start there. I have not found an aftermarket belt that does not cause issues. You can also check for dirty clutches or broken motor mounts.
I have the original belt but I'll check the mount and alignment first

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front mount is broken. I'll replace it and give it a try and if that doesn't fix it, OEM belt goes back on. I still have the original that's like new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered 2 napa mounts today for the ford falcon. $3.49 a piece. Figured I'd throw a spare in my box. Going to pull the belt cover today and see what's going on

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM belt back on and can tell it fits tighter, I assume like it's supposed to. In neutral I can see the shaft on the primary flex as the clutch engages in when I throttle it. don't know if it's in my head or what but low end definitely seems stronger and Top end seems a little better, pulled to 55ish but hoping the new mount really brings it back to life!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The mount flexing will cause all the problems you are having. As the motor turns and misaligns the clutches they don't work right and scrub speed and RPM. Sounds like you are on the right track.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got her all fixed up. Feels better. Was able to hit 60 on the road pretty easily but didn't seem as if the needle was going to go any further. Idk maybe if I had more room. I'm not a big high speed rider I just want to make sure it's right!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you got it figured out. Should be a little more in it so I'd get a look at the clutches too just to be sure.
What should I be looking for? Alignment? I need to find a bigger stretch of road. She just wants to pull up from idle to WOT. I plan on ordering a clutch kit from you as soon as I figure out which direction I want to go with tires or if I want to stick to the PXT's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts