Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah,

I know, when I read the posts about replacing the front springs, some posts mentioned being careful about not dropping the wheel too much and disconnecting the CV joint.

Well, With all new springs, my ATV sure sits nice, but I did manage to damage the front right CV boot. I managed to get things squared away with the left, and get it all put together, but I need to replace that boot before I use it any more.

Can anyone point me to the best place to purchase the parts I need and maybe a recommended tutorial on fixing things up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Boots are boots from my experience. I usually get them at Dennis Kirk because I live 10 min from them so it's fast and easy. You will need the band clamp tool to get the clamps on tight. Otherwise it's pretty easy to do if it all comes apart nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too bad of a job really. Bought the Clymers shop manual, some boots, a ratchet type banding tool and bands.

The axle didn't want to come out of the front diff, but a little pb blaster for a half hour soak loosened it up so that the next time I gave it a good hard pull it practically fell out.

Everything looked good inside the joint's, so I cleaned things up, packed with some new grease, put the boots on, cinched up the clamps, and put it all back together. Probably spent 1.5 hours on it all told, and some of that was just waiting.

Kind of like working on this old beast. Might even take it for a nice old trail ride next weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts