Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used model with 420 miles and everything was fine. Now, a week later, I am having trouble getting the rear passanger seat to lock in the DOWN position.

I fold the backrest down into the bed, and when I bring the seat bottom back to lock in (which is now in the up position as the single rider back rest), I can NOT get it to lock. I took it apart to make sure everything was ok, reassembled, and I still can't get the 2 hooks to engage far enough to hold the 2 pieces in position.

It's driving me nuts. Am I missing something simple here?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a 2011, but as far as I know the box has been pretty much unchanged. I had to disassemble and grease the latches you're talking about to get them to work, there is a detent that holds them in place that was hanging up. Just some typical #2 grease from the parts store has made it trouble free for a year now

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to pull/push a little on the seat while twisting the lock knob to get it to lock properly. As mentioned, there is a small slit/cut out that it has to lock into, so I just "work" with it until it locks usually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have a knob. I have thr lever type handles. Ive messed with this thing for the better part of 2 days. I can NOT get it to lock into the one rider position so I can use my bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The seat is not laying flush with the bottom of the bed. Does it go further down when you put a little pressure on it. When I lay my seat over it just lays flat without any pressure.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My 2006 just has a rubber cord from the bottom that locks into the top. Not much help for you, but are you sure that is an 06?

Sean

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You sure the pass backrest is adjusted in the full down position before folding?
It is supposed to lock up until fully retracted.

Sean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seat is not laying flush with the bottom of the bed. Does it go further down when you put a little pressure on it. When I lay my seat over it just lays flat without any pressure.

Ronnie
if I apply pressure (alot of it) it lays flat. But the 1up seat back will not lock into position.

and to the other guy, yes its a 2006. They dont have a rubber strap. At least mine doesn't nor any of the pics ive seen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just took this piece off from under the seat back. This is what was stopping it from laying flat in the bed. Now, it lays flat with no pressure and my seat back locks into place. Problem solved.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
The pass back rest will not lock into the upright position without that piece though, right?
You are correct, that is what that piece is for. Maybe he had an extra one laying in there???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The pass back rest will not lock into the upright position without that piece though, right?
You are correct, that is what that piece is for. Maybe he had an extra one laying in there???
Wrong fellas. LOL

I took the piece off. It has nothing to do with the locking mechanisms at all. Too me it looks like some sort of guard to stop debris from entering from underneath but I just dont know.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Looking at partzilla...looks like it changed in June. Prior to June 06 there is just a loop handle (yours). After June 06 it has the rubber strap (hood latch), like mine.

Sean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts