Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had issues with my electric start that required a ecm replacement . Waited about 9 months for ecm , paid $800 for it and finally got my ATV back today. First thing I notice is the battery light is flashing as soon as you put any kind of rpms. Put it in diagnostic mode and it goes up to 18.5 . Put a meter at the battery and the same thing. I've emailed the service dept already. I can't believe theyd let it leave the shop like this ..could it be something other than ecm? I also thought that with an ecm replacement the instrument panel would start working properly. The speed and odometer don't work but they didn't work before the replacemnt.

Is it unsafe to drive with this voltage issue? This machine has been a money pit. This is the 2nd ecm I've put on it .

·
Administrator
18,797 Posts
Is it unsafe to drive with this voltage issue? This machine has been a money pit. This is the 2nd ecm I've put on it .
Only unsafe from the standpoint that the battery may blow up and leave you stranded somewhere. I suggest you take it back to the dealer - if there is any warranty on the ECM they are the only ones who may invoke it.

If it were mine, I would wire in a universal rec/reg and bypass that function of the ECM.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,341 Posts
So I had issues with my electric start that required a ecm replacement . Waited about 9 months for ecm , paid $800 for it and finally got my ATV back today. First thing I notice is the battery light is flashing as soon as you put any kind of rpms. Put it in diagnostic mode and it goes up to 18.5 . Put a meter at the battery and the same thing. I've emailed the service dept already. I can't believe theyd let it leave the shop like this ..could it be something other than ecm? I also thought that with an ecm replacement the instrument panel would start working properly. The speed and odometer don't work but they didn't work before the replacemnt.

Welcome to the forum.
From the official Forum greeter, beware of the imitators.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i took it back to the place where i had the new ecm installed. they are now saying the high voltage is due to a bad stator. Is this possible? they are looking for $1000 cdn to replace the stator.. does this sound right?

·
Administrator
18,797 Posts
ok so i took it back to the place where i had the new ecm installed. they are now saying the high voltage is due to a bad stator. Is this possible? they are looking for $1000 cdn to replace the stator.. does this sound right?
NO - THE STATOR COULD OUT 500VAC AND IT WILL NOT OVER CHARGE THE BATTERY AS LONG AS THE REC/REG IS DOING IT'S JOB!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts