Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go through my service manual and do some maintenance,but the manual was not to clear on a few things, possibly because the manual is also for regular sportsman. My questions are: does the front gearcase where the drain is in the skidplate and the fill is by the radiator hose[that was fun to reach]get demand drive fluid or adc front drive fluid? I really dont know where the rear gearcase is, the manual says the drain is in the skidplate,but besides the front gearcase the only drain i found in the skidplate i assumed is for the crankcase since it was near the oil filter and dipstick. The part farthest to the rear of the machine which I would assume would be the rear gearcase looks like the picture in the manual of the transmission. I lost my owners manual so I don't know if that would be any help. The manual also mentions adc differential hydraulic circuit fluid,there is no picture of this so i have no idea where this is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The front diff gets demand drive fluid. The adc fluid resevoir is under a plastic panel in the front cargo box and it does not have a drain. All you do is soak up the fluid in the resevior and fill with new fluid.
The rear diff fluid is the same as transmision fluid it is all in the same case.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, then my other question is if the transmission and rear gearcase are the same, what fluid do I use? The service manual says ATV angle drive fluid for the rear gearcase and AGL fluid for the transmission

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just changed mine and I noticed what the service manual says...... so I ask the dealer and he said to use the AGL fluid. Angle drive is used when the diff is separated from the transmission.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There are two bleed points to bleed your ADC fluid. Don't drain - just bleed until the reservoir is almost empty then refill reservoir. Don't drain or you may get air in ADC unit and I understand it is hard to remove.
Some mechanics suggest changing the demand fluid (front diff) every 25 hours. My ADC unit makes a noise if I don't keep both fluids clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts