Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Polaris 800 with starting issues. Once you turn the key, you hear the fuel pump clicking but the engine will not start, after a few minutes of playing with the throttle it back fires, sounds like there’s, and explosion then it finally starts. After letting it sit for about an hour or so, it will not start again. Checked codes and there are none, checked fuel pressure and it has the recommended 40 PSI. Does anyone have any ideas that can help me? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the throttle and is adjusted right, it only has a little bit of play in it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
when your cranking it and it will not start take that fuel valve cap off of the fuel rail and see if the rail has pressure. if it dont, more than likely that stupid lil return valve on the fuel pump is probably going. only option would be to buy a ney gas tank/ pump from polaris for around 500 bucks.

·
Banned
9 Posts
I live in TN just over the North Georgia border. THere is no one close by here that can help me. I have been looking in Gainsville.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I found the problem it was code #21. Had to replace the cam sensor, and it started right up. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts