Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 sportsman 500 efi...It started fine yesterday now nothing...when i turn the key the instruments or lights wonts even come on...brand new battery put on today...will not pull start either...every once in awhile u can hear the clicking and the instruments will flash on for a second then off again. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Two things I can think of. Lose wire connections going maybe to the starter solenoid switch or your kill switch is malfunctioning.. Plus check both ends of your ground wire coming off the battery.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This sounds stupid but have you checked the toggle switch to make sure it is in the on position on the handlebar?
It isn't stupid. My first thought was the kill switch too but he says sometimes it "clicks and the lights flash". The clicking is probably the fuel pump and I don't think it comes on when the kill switch is on. Bad ground or loose positive wire is still my guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could it be a fuse? does the 07 sportsman have a fuse box? if it does i can't find it i have looked everywhere?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The guys who know what they are talking about should be getting out of Church soon or maybe when the game is over they will answer you :)
I have a X2 and my fuses are in the front box. Not sure where yours are but if you are getting occasional lights and clicking I wouldn't suspect a fuse. Check to see if the wires coming off the ignition switch are corroded or loose. You will see it a lot on this forum where batteries are not charged enough or a new battery is bad. Do you still get the same thing when your charger is attached?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes just put a new battery today and a maintainer...i think it might be the solenoid i can beat on it and pull on the wires around it and it clicks more...yes the toggle switch is on run

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
if you think it is the solenoid...the best way to check is to turn your key to the on position, and they put another piece of metal between the two terminals on the solenoid, like another key. if the solenoid is bad, it should start cranking as soon as you jump the terminals.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts