Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall ,just purchashed a 2007 Scrambler 500 that was in pieces , i have owned many 2 stroke machines in my time , first attempt to mess with 4 stroke 4x4',I put it all back together after rebuilding carb, cleaning fuel lines, tank , changing fluids , messing with electrical system, new ignition , battery, bought a bunch of misc bolts,nuts etc, with no instruction manual,got her running awesome, SHE SCREAMS, only issue I've encountered is that the fan stays on after shutting off ignition and drains battery, and it makes horrible sound putting it into forward or reverse after stopping letting idle come down to normal without engine racing ,I know I should buy some kind of repair manual, but thought I would try here first,after I fix these issues what would be the proper route to make it faster with more torgue, without doing extensive motor work.....any input wouldbe great thanks.....Go ahead make fun of the dumb old guy, it takes alot to hurt my last feeling, lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
The fan could be a defective ECM, it keeps the fan on. Polaris had issues with them in 05&06 and extended the recall, check to see if the vin is one that was recalled. Could also be what was already mentioned,mabe some wired it directly to stay on all the time. Performance wise you should look into a clutch, it makes the scrambler come alive..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.