Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the page hoping for some help!

I bought the machine off a friends brother. It had just 320 miles when I picked it up a few months ago. We rode out of Palisade MN for the 4th and it ran awsome all day. roughly 120 miles riding 2 up mud/water trail/sand no complaints... Until we began to ride home, it wouldn't start. Once it cooled it fired right up. I towed it home and replaced my fuel pump, regulator, sock on the bottom and spark plug. Took it to Turtle Lake WI this past friday night. put 20+ miles everything seemed fine. It was a bit boggy but stayed running until I would stop, then it would stall. Saturday morning she fired right up. We put 120 miles on Saturday, but the same thing if I came to a stop it would stall. We ended up at the Barron County 4X4 park and in the back there was a few small puddles. As soon as it got wet I had a check engine light so I drove it back to the park entrance, where it stalled... I managed to get it running long enough to get back to camp, but had to winch it onto my trailer. I got it home and it started and drove into the garage. I figured there has to be a connection somewhere that is dirty/loose. I disconnected the battery and stripped her plastics off. I started at the back all the way to the front one pigtail at a time with some electrical cleaner followed by the compressor then dielectric grease.

I got my battery hooked back up, my tail lights stay on, the fuel pump runs constant and the gauge is flashing hot at me anytime the battery is connected.

Where do I begin?!

Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Happened to one of my 07 500's, it was a bad stator. I'd charge battery, drive around and it would run fine, then after a while run rough or stall and not start again. First indicator is usually that needle on speedomoter should be flashing. I changed my stator and runs well now. Check that your battery is being charged, then how many volts on your battery before you start quad. From what I was told, the EFI needs good battery charge, Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts