Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a '07 Sportsman HO that has a mount for a snowplow on it (the guy I bought it from didn't have the plow). I'm new to ATV snow plows and have been trying to figure out what my options are for plows that'll work with the mount I've got. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I'd like to pick up something used but am not really sure what to look for, which is making my search a little tricky....

I'm assming it should have hooks or something that either clip on or drop over the bar there...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought 2009 Sportsman 800 and it have same attachment. I have the plow. I can't take the photo of attachment now since my ATV is located in other state. But it don't use a hooks. It's like a clamp. I will try to find photo online and post it here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! My google image search hasn't turned up anything (plow side or mount)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here we go. Not exactly same rod as on you photo but this is the system you looking for click here . 3rd picture from left. When you pull into it the side clamps will open and then close on the shaft (the one mounted on your ATV) if you pull the orange cable it will disconnect. Hopefully it makes sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@kristof Called the SuperATV people about that setup you linked to me but they're thinking it won't work for some reason :-( Trying to get some dimensions from them to make that determination myself though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
When we got our 2014 big boss I couldn't locate the plow mount plate either. It was to dated of a machine to find these parts. So I got one was close and made it work and in fact was able to improve on it very much. But i also have a shop to do that in and much experience at welding, cutting, drilling, etc, etc.. Not sure that helps you or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe just pick up something cheap used and fab up a bracket to adapt it to my mount. :-/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I was really surprised that there wasn't a single identifying mark on it. But I guess if its part of a plow kit, maybe it wouldn't have one...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe just pick up something cheap used and fab up a bracket to adapt it to my mount. :-/
I'd suggest you get a mount plate as close to what will fit as possible. Getting them to fit is a real hassle and might not work at all if its to different. These plates are very customized to fit particular machines. I got a 2014 sportsman mount plate which our boss is based on but it wasn't all that close and needed much work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the mount is on the ATV already. So I know that's a good fit. Just need to fab up something on the plow side if I can't find an old glacier plow...

Thanks @kristof for digging that thread up. That's the one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts