Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sportsman 700 with full exhaust, K&N filter, 27 inch tires, lifted, re-clutched etc... Bought a Power Commander III usb to re-map after I put on the exhaust and noticed when using the only map I could find for an '06 sportsman my y-pipe GLOWS CHERRY as about the pipe through the first bend...never noticed this with the Stock exhaust...Am I running too lean??? In need of a Fuel Map for this bike if anyone has one or knows where to get one for my app, I contacted Power Commander and they do not have one for me...any info is GREATLY appreciated...Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:yahoocool:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
what '06 spmn map (engine size) did you get for your 07? yeah, sounds like you are too lean there. pull the plug, see if it is white.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the map off of their web site for an 06 700 efi with pipe and kn filter, and getting conflicting answer on the y-pipe being red hot as some say too lean and some say too rich...i just dont want to burn up my bike...what can I do???

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
does the power commander allow you to adjust the fuel manually on the device? In my experience, glowing pipes are too lean, because the exhaust gases tend to be much hotter when it is lean, then when it is rich.

The easy way to tell, pull both spark plugs. If they are white, you are lean, if they are black and sooty, you are rich.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would you suggest going with a zero map and using the buttons to richen it or go through the map program and adjust the numbers on the grid up to add more fuel through the whole map?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts