Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching, searching and then i even did a little searching after that. yet i cant seem to find the exact information i need to fix my problem.... problem is: the speedometer (complete assembly) is broken so the awd doesnt work and i dont wanna buy a new one for $300 when i know it will just inevitably happen again. i dont need it, mainly cause i dont care how fast im goin. ive seen write ups on how to bypass this on many other models but no info on mine. im thinking i can directly wire the switch to the diff somehow but i cant find a wiring diagram on my bike either. if anyone knows any way to do this bypass, your help would be greatly appreciated.

there are 4 wires going into my awd switch on the handle bar and 2 brown ones coming out of the differential.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2007 Sportsman 800 Wiring Diagram

Ive been searching, searching and then i even did a little searching after that. yet i cant seem to find the exact information i need to fix my problem.... problem is: the speedometer (complete assembly) is broken so the awd doesnt work and i dont wanna buy a new one for $300 when i know it will just inevitably happen again. i dont need it, mainly cause i dont care how fast im goin. ive seen write ups on how to bypass this on many other models but no info on mine. im thinking i can directly wire the switch to the diff somehow but i cant find a wiring diagram on my bike either. if anyone knows any way to do this bypass, your help would be greatly appreciated.

there are 4 wires going into my awd switch on the handle bar and 2 brown ones coming out of the differential.

I've enclosed a wiring diagram I had in an old book. Sorry, I just don't have the time to help figure out the bypass wiring now. Check out my thread http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-atv-how-tos/45743-2001-sportsman-400-conversion-true-your-demand-4-wheel-drive.html , it might give you some ideas.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
much appreciated "grumpy", i will be sure to give it a run down today when i get off work. i looked at the link you have given and i think its similar to that setup, i just have more wires going into my cluster. should all still be the same as long as i find what wire gives power from the toggle switch down to the awd. i will post results tonight when im done. again thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts