Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new here so I apologize if this question has been answered. I am having an issue with a slow drain to my 2007 sportsman 800's battery. The battery is a little over 2 years old but the original lasted me 3 years with similar riding conditions. This past Christmas I installed the plug and play HID lights and did the 3 light mod. No issues and I ride almost every day. A couple weeks ago I was going about 5 mph and skidded across a rock. It wasn't a hard hit at all and not even a scratch to anything underneath. The next day I was riding for about 5-10 minutes and the speedo started flashing the battery symbol. I charged the battery and it was good for about 2 days. Went for a ride and the same warning. I've checked the battery and it does charge completely. I was thinking/hoping I may just need to clean up and tight the engine to chassis ground but don't know where it's at. I cleaned terminals on the battery, the grounds coming off of the battery itself with 4 other connectors, and cleaned the ground to the starter. I have the service manual and see the section briefly mentioning the Engine to frame Ground. I am looking for the location on the machine though as the service manual picture doesn't help me. I think it came loose cause the problem started just after that rock skid and never before that. Can someone send a picture or tell me where it's at? Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts