Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2007 sportsman 800. I just changed all the fluids but the front gear box has me thinking. More fluid came out than went in, I think some was water? The book calls for 5 oz. I seen a bleader on the other side what is that for, do I have to blead this? I am not sure if I even got 5oz in, it in a bad spot. Any help Thanks There is a picture of it in my profile now.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If possible, a picture would help us help you better. I will take a stab at it though. If you think there was water in it, I suspect what you're calling the bleeder is really the front differential vent tube nipple, only the tube is probably disconnected, which would let water in the differential. Look nearby for a free end of a hose that looks somewhat like surgical tubing. The other end will terminate under the headlight pod.

Stew

·
Registered
919 Posts
I got the pictures how do I add them?
Most people use Photobucket.com and link to the pictures using the little globe & chain link icon in the editor. There are other ways but that's the only way I know how.

·
8,915 Posts
That's one of the bleeders for the ADC...should be one on either side. It may be that you've got ADC fluid leaking into the main housing through the ADC piston seals. Did you check that the ADC reservoir is full? I can see the vent hose intact on the top at the brass fitting.
I'd say you probably need seals.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Edit my last post: After looking much closer at the pic, I think Polman is right as you can see the intact breather hose and nipple.

Fred

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ADC is full. That very well could be the bleeder for the ADC, I was told not to empty it because I would have to bleed it and it is hard to get the air out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts