Polaris ATV Forum banner

2007 sportsman 90 studders past idle

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Gen3Pro 
#1 ·
This bike has been sitting up for years.

as far as I can tell it's a 2007 sportsman 90 4 stroke

I went through the fuel system including the carb. cranks fine, rough idle but I can't tune it due to that fact that it won't power up past an idle. It acts like the rev limiter is out of whack.

I've read on the forums and reading seems to point me to the cdi or the stator. I hate to buy parts I don't need. any cheap things I could check before I start spending money will be a great help to me.

:fest06:Just trying to help out the kids in this bad economy and I don't need to throw good money after bad. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

#2 ·
Update

Was still looking for answer but other questions. Found out my CDI was bad and was causing the studder. Now i have actual carb problems and can't get the thing to idle right. I think I may have jacked some of the orifices up by trying to clean them out. Should have just bought a carb but that's $300 i don't want to spend. Why is a 4-stroke carb so damn hard to find?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.